Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bears and Beads – September at Blue Morning Expressions

Volume 9 Issue 9, September 2012
What's New in September?
Off on vacation again. This time we are headed to Yosemite for a few days. We will stay there a couple days and then wander up into the beautiful northern California landscape. We have been there a few times, and we want to finish exploring some of the areas that we did not have time for in the past adventures. We are hiking to Half Dome and Glacier Point in the park this time. I have a new camera this time with a 200x lens, so I expect to get some more outstanding photos.
Speaking of photos, we wandered down to the West Yellowstone Rod Run, where they were parading about hot rods and antique cars. I took plenty of photos of them, but I took a side trip to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center while I was there. I got some great grizzly shots.
This is 101. She was the 101st  DiscBear2bear to be tagged in Yellowstone as a cub. She raised several cubs in the wild. She existed for over 20 years on her own doing what bears do best; just eating, sleeping and raising little bears.
Unfortunately for 101, some people mistakes led her and her litter to access pet food, human food and other non-bearfood. This created a situation where she was no longer able to be allowed to live free. She had found her way into town and would become a menace.
She is now living in the center and is slowly adjusting to life in captivity. She is a beautiful animal.





New Canes and Beads
Here are some new canes that I have come up with for the summer season. I have them in my Artfire studio, my Etsy shop and my website:
www.bluemorningexpressions.com
Until next month,
Julie & Blu
clip_image002clip_image004clip_image006clip_image008clip_image010clip_image012