Thursday, August 29, 2013

Spring Refuses to Leave as Leaves Start to Fall

Volume 10 Issue 9, September 2013

 

What's New in September?

The leaves are changing. Maybe it is not so obvious, but there is a hint of crispness in the air. The cottonwoods have a golden hue around their edges, and the sound of Canadian geese is getting louder with each passing day.

The young bucks are waiting in the corn field for the harvest, and the mallards are getting ready to try their stubby new wings.

All of these fall reminders tell me that it is time to get those last few weekend hikes in while the weather is still warm. The colors are not fading just yet, but it is only a day or two away from a night that will require the windows to be shut at bedtime.

As I prepare for the cooler weather, I have been making a lot of jewelry, which includes bracelets, necklaces and earrings. Each new piece seems to have been adorned in the spring flower colors and bright sparkling Swarovski crystals.

I know that we are getting ready for winter, but somehow I cannot seem to let go of the bright and vibrant colors of the spring flowers.

While I finish these pieces up, I am planning my fall flowers and leaves. The new canes will be ready shortly, and I will have new beads in the shop as soon as I can.

Until then, the pretty flowers are lingering, and I am not quite ready to put the spring palette away for the year.

Bracelets! New designs based on the bracelets that the celebrities are wearing from their SWAG bags that were presented to them at GBK’s New York Fall Fashion Week Luxury Lounge are all making their way into my studios.

Beads! All these new bracelets need new beads. I have a lot of new style beads that are going to be showing up in my studio. I am trying new/old techniques with inks and foils. I had forgotten how much fun those messy things could be.

I have them in my Artfire studio, my Etsy shop and my

website:

www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie & Blu

These earrings have arrived in California to become part of the GBK’s Primetime Emmy Gift Lounge.

They are going to members of the press. In the meantime, I have several pairs that will be in my studio shortly!

clip_image002clip_image004clip_image006

 

These bracelets are the same style as those that are now in New York and will be handed over to the celebrity gifting at the GBK New York Fashion Week Luxury Lounge on the 6 and 7 of September.