Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wall of Guitars

By: Julie L. Cleveland

I love music, and I always have. When I was really young, I had a 45 taken away from me for playing and singing too much. Yes, you can play and sing too much. As soon as  you hear it, you will understand how and why it got taken away from me. Turn your speakers DOWN before hitting play!

 

Since my life has been filled with music, I enjoyed the guitar exhibit at the EMP museum in Seattle, Washington.

This was how we were greeted when we walked through the door. As a keyboard player, I was really interested in the one lone keyboard in this tower of power.

DSC_0094

The exhibit is The Guitar Gallery: The Quest for Volume, and the lighting made it hard to grab a lot of really good shots, but the ones I did get were some of the iconic guitars in music history. While I only took a few guitar lessons and can play one song, I do enjoy the sound of a really good guitar player, and I like a lot of different types of music.

DSC_0097

This guitar belonged to Tampa Red, and it is a resonator guitar.

DSC_0106

I know this one is recognizable to all those who rocked in the 80s.

DSC_0109

The Champs.

DSC_0113

The Fendercaster

DSC_0115

The famous Les Paul.

DSC_0100

Finally, the Martin guitar.

While we were there, they were also doing a tribute exhibit to Nirvana. While, not a huge fan, I did enjoy some of their music because rock and roll bands were few and far between in the 80s, and I was a little tired of Guns and Roses and Def Leppard.

DSC_0123

 

Enjoy

Julie and Blu

blogathonbutton_thumb