Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cowboys and Gardens

Volume 12 Issue 7, July 2015

What's New in July?

I cannot believe that I made it through the Great Garden Experiment of 2015 already, but I did. While others are just getting their gardens to grow, mine are on their last great efforts. I have a new appreciation for those of you who do garden, and I have discovered that I am a Farmer’s Market kinda girl. My efforts were marginally successful, and money spent divided by harvest means that I have a $70 green pepper and $20 tomatoes. While I did eat everything harvested—except for this one little tomato the size of a marble—all else went into stir fry and on a pizza. One homemade pizza had a six-inch banana pepper and two diced tomatoes as the organic contribution to the pie.

I lost my watermelon and my cantaloupe, and the blueberries went to the birds, but I learned a lot about how not to do things, and my flowers were a huge success, so not all was lost.

In the meantime, I managed to create some new beads and such, and I find it hard to believe that we are past the half-way point in this year already. It seems like I just celebrated the New Year, and now, I am looking at Halloween. Maybe, I should have planted pumpkins!

clip_image002

More Beads: I am working on simple color beads for the studio, and I have been playing around with 10mm and smaller.

Charm Bracelets: I have a list of stackable charm bracelets that are on my workbench, which is why I am concentrating on color beads.

Art Prints: I am adding prints and other products to the site that feature my art and photography. I am also including a digital art section.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie and Blu

clip_image002[6]clip_image004clip_image006

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Watches: I am making new rose beads to add to watches, and I am considering creating bead kits with the watches so you can make your own. What do you think?

Thimbles: I am working on getting some new thimbles created. I only have two left, and I want to add another dozen or so to the website.

Bangle bracelets: It took me a long time, but I finally got the blanks built to finish my smaller bangle bracelets. They are a lot of work to build from scratch and take a considerable amount of time, but they are ready for me to decorate with flowers and such.

Magnets: More to add, including these guys.

clip_image002[8]clip_image004[6]