Monday, November 9, 2015

Golden Globes and Pointy Beads

Volume 12 Issue 11, November 2015

What's New in November?

With the assistance of The Artisan Group and GBK Productions, our earrings are going to the celebrities who attend the gifting suite prior to the Golden Globes in 2016. In the past, we have sent gifts to the press at this event, and we have sent gifts to the celebrities during NY Fashion Week, but this is our first real celebrity gifting, so this should be a lot of fun.

After careful consideration, we (me and Blu) decided on a dagger type bead that has been suspended between two black round beads to create a dangling earring that has the ability to move from multiple directions. The test set we made only show the mechanics of them, but they do not represent the final finished dagger beads that I finally developed. There are over 200 of these sharp pointed beads all over my work bench. I have not started to put the actual earrings together yet, but my beads are finished and have three glossy coats for ultra shine.

I will be adding these beads to my shop at some point, but for now, here is the prototype:

clip_image002

More Beads: All but one of my latest cabochons sold out, so I have to make some more as soon as I can.

Coffee Mugs: My hotrod series of art prints are now on coffee mugs. I tried to get them together in time for your holiday shopping. We are now on Amazon Handmade, so things are getting changed up a bit as we settle in.

Art Prints: I am adding prints and other products to the site that feature my art and photography. I am also including a digital art section.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie & Blu

clip_image002[7]clip_image004clip_image006

clip_image002[9]clip_image004[5]clip_image006[5]

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Watches: I am making new rose beads to add to watches, and I am considering creating bead kits with the watches so you can make your own.

Thimbles: I am working on getting some new thimbles created. I only have two left, and I want to add another dozen or so to the website.

Bangle bracelets: It took me a long time, but I finally got the blanks built to finish my smaller bangle bracelets. They are a lot of work to build from scratch and take a considerable amount of time, but they are ready for me to decorate with flowers and such.