Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Holly and the Frogs

Volume 14 Issue 11, November 2017

What's New in November?

Finally, some cooler weather is on the way. It’s really a lot cooler than normal this time of the year, so I am enjoying some low 70s weather during the day and 50s at night. Time to get out the down comforter.

As the weather is changing, so are some of the things on my work bench. The flowers of summer are giving way to the holiday themed jewelry and beads. It has been a long time since I have done fun Christmas designs, so I am looking forward to doing more of them. Our Amazon shop is quite busy with our thimbles going out as Christmas gifts.

I have managed to find some time to put together two sets of leggings. One is a pink flamingo pattern, and the other is a candy cane pattern for holiday frolicking. Although, I have a long list of prospective patterns, I am sure that I will not get them done in time for the holidays.

In the meantime, we are trying to get dried out from some serious rain that has added a couple feet of water to our pond, and has flooded some of the low lying spots in the back yard. One of the craziest results of the extra water is the major influx of tiny baby tree frogs that came from the hundreds of tadpoles playing in the pond. They are now all busy “singing” all night long.

The holly and the frogs:

DSC_0009

Bracelets: I have gone charm bracelet crazy and have introduced bangle bracelets to the mix because they are fun.

Keyrings: Since I started, I have had keyrings on my To Do list. Well, I got one done! There are many more that will go in my Amazon store.

Thimbles: Starting Christmas 2017 thimbles now.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie & Blu

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Hotrod magnets: I am finishing up the hotrod magnets, and I have a couple dozen done, but not featured in the shop.

Tote Bags: These are all around prints, so that means that my patterns can completely cover the bag. My supplier is also doing t-shirts, but I have not designed for them yet.

Print Pieces: I am working on canvases and posters. I have been working on putting together the Scenes from a Car Show series into print.