Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Greek Alphabet and a Fox

Volume 17 Issue 10, October 2020

What's New in October? 

For once this hurricane season, we can look out in the Atlantic and see ZERO disturbances! With any luck, this is the wind down of the 2020 season since we peaked in the middle of September. It’s been a busy one with named storms headed in the Greek alphabet and are sitting at beta as our last named storm that meandered around terrorizing Texas.

Every year, I keep a hurricane map on my bulletin board, and this year, it looked like a plate of spaghetti in numerous random colors like red, purple, black and blue. Just happened to be whatever color I thought would stand out over the other scribbled lines. It’s a regular Picasso of ballpoint pen. 

While all of the ducking and covering was going on, we had a visitor that we had to discourage future visits for the sake of Little Harry and our many fine feathered friends. 

For a few afternoons, a beautiful, red fox would stroll through the front yard staring longingly at the bird feeder or doing some stealthy stalking of the young, dumb squirrels that scrounge around at the foot of the feeder. 

In the end, the pretty fox hopped the back fence and went on to work on stealing eggs from the neighbor’s chickens. We know it’s the fox since there are eggshells tossed in our yard by the coop. I know the fox is a bit of a pest, but he/she is just beautiful and hard to be mad at.

 Red fox walking across yard Blue Morning Expressions 

What’s New

Pushpins: Worked out a new product line of thumbtacks. This has been on my drawing board for awhile now, so once I started, I couldn’t stop!

Earrings: Halloween post earrings featuring my image beads.

Charms: I added a large assortment of 20mm and 25mm charms for purchase.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Posters: I am working on my one word posters and wall hangings. There are also wood blocks to be added. I am also getting all of my Old West photos together, so I can create an entire section dedicated to my love the Old West. 

Thimbles: Working on some new images for my little thimbles. More collectibles for you!

Pins: A lot of new button pins have been created for Halloween and are in the shop. I am also trying to get some other holiday buttons made for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Trying being the operative word here.