Tuesday, May 31, 2022

 

Volume 19 Issue 6, June 2022

What's New in June?

It’s almost hurricane season again, and for the seventh time in as many years, NOAA is predicting an above normal year for hurricanes and major hurricanes. I will spend my Memorial Day weekend doing my hurricane shopping since we have tax-free shopping on hurricane preparations. I don’t remember in the past dog food being tax-free, but it is this year, so Harry’s in luck. Big bag of kibble for him!

I got my carpal tunnel surgery done the end of March, and it’s still a bit stiff, but it’s getting better every day. I have not been able to bead or make jewelry because the palm of my hand is still tender, and that’s where my tools sit in my hand. Course spoons and spatulas bother it, too. No cooking and no beading!

While I wait on it to stop being so sensitive, I have been doing a lot of writing. I am over halfway done with my second novel in a series. The first book is a crazy mess that I have to unscramble before I can do any more, but I wanted to finish the second one before I went back to the first one since I am on a roll.

My local library now has my trivia book and my jewelry book on their bookshelves. I am so excited! Time to start working on finishing up my 1960s music trivia book now.

Since not much has been going on, the only photo I have to share is my blooming Christmas cactus.

 

What’s New

New Earrings:  In addition to fractal earrings, I added some pretty flowers and other colorful beads.

Thimbles: New Christmas and great grandma thimbles, as well as faith-based thimbles with bible verses.

New Book: The Joy of Jewelry Making Create for fun. Sell for Profit is now available on Amazon in both paperback and ebook formats.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Pushpins: I have too many themes to mention here, but from teachers to nurses to friends, I am doing designs as quickly as I can.

Statement Beads: Working on large beads for ZOOM calls and being on camera. Both earrings and pendant necklaces.

Prints and Posters: Bible verse posters and other art featuring hot rods and more are in production.