Monday, September 1, 2014

Fall Leaves and New Beads

Volume 11 Issue 9, September 2014

What's New in September?

I am so looking forward to the wonderfully crisp fall days! We already had a light dusting of snow across the tops of the Bridger Range over 7,000 feet. It hung around for a couple days, and even now, I can still see a crevasse or two that has snow piled up in it. I only got one really good hike in this summer, and although we keep trying to get out there, we just have not been able to hit some of the deep trails.

I will use the explosion of fall colors to color my fall beads and jewelry. I have a few things in the works, but mostly, I have been creating the heck out of cross stitch patterns. I am rebuilding sites and doing a lot of writing. In case you did not know, I do a column for The Polymer Arts called The Jewelry Bench where I discuss any number of things that are pertinent to the jewelry part of my chosen medium. This issue revolves around being organized.

As part of my fascination with color and design, my latest cross stitch patterns are reflections and kaleidoscopes that will make great wall art. I am also considering the possibility of designing pillow covers in cross stitch. Things I am considering. My cross stitch is found at www.x-stitch-patterns.com.

clip_image002clip_image004

More Beads: I have sold many of my regular stock of beads, and due to some time constraints, I have not had a chance to remake or restock. I got caught up with making a ton of new patterns, so I was distracted.

On the Radio: I was interviewed for a radio broadcast that will be on Sept. 8th. This was an interview for small business owners, and I gave information on how to run a small business, particularly an online shop. I was SO nervous.

Everything is in my Artfire studio, my Etsy shop and my

website:

www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie & Blu

Both of these necklaces are in the Fall 2014 edition of The Polymer Arts

clip_image002[4]clip_image002[6]

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Watches: I will be doing more watches this month.

Bookmarks: Several more bookmarks are on the workbench ready for me to put them together.

Necklaces: I have a lot of new necklaces in the works that are simple chains.