Monday, August 31, 2020

 

Volume 17 Issue 9, September 2020

What's New in September?

The tropics are heating up, and there are two hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico. We are thinking of our friends in Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana. The month of September is usually our turn as the steering winds shift and start to guide storms along the Florida coastline and upwards to the Carolinas. As with every year, we start our vigilant watch over the waves coming off of Africa.

That doesn't mean that we stop creating here. Oh, no. We are just starting to see some of our prettiest flowers like the milkweed and orchids. I just brought home six more milkweed plants since there were two very hungry caterpillars decimating my single plant. I did plant two pods of seeds, and now there are a dozen or better new little milkweed plants flourishing in a flower box. Ready for next year’s plant hungry caterpillars.

While the heat has been high and the humidity has been waxing and waning, we have been blessed with a couple of moments where you could almost—I mean almost—imagine a cool spot in the yard.

I am already thinking of Halloween and doing some brand new designs for Halloween. I guess, I am trying to push fall along while I long for cooler temperatures. It hasn't worked in the past, and it probably won’t work now!

This little Monarch didn’t stay this size very long. He got fat fast!

What’s New

Beads: New earring sets featuring numerous floral and other designs. 15mm Halloween set for creating post earrings.

Earrings: Brand new earrings featuring my kaleidoscope canes.

Thimbles: Added a number of new thimble designs to the shop. More collectibles for you!

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Posters: I am working on my one word posters and wall hangings. There are also wood blocks to be added.

Buttons: I am working on wearable buttons from polymer clay. Still in the experiment stage, but  soon.

Pins: Designing Christmas and holiday pin buttons for party favors.