Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hurray for the Red, White and Blu!

Once In a Blu MoonSince moving to Montana, I have lost track of the time of the year. There is a good chance that in the next day or so, we will have high elevation snowfalls again and the daily temperature is in the 50s- 60s. I do enjoy the weather, since I know back in Florida it is in the triple digits and my coastal community is looking at 90 plus, plus.
So, I forgot that the 4th of July was coming up, until I had a customer buy my Stars and Stripes Necklace and one of my 4th of July bracelets.
Both of those pieces featured the beautiful lampwork beads of Jacquie Maruri and were created with Swarovski, glass pearls, seed beads and my polymer clay star beads. I handstitched the entire necklace and each strand has been created out of fireline.
I have every intentions of doing the same with all the focal beads that I purchased from Jacquie and each necklace is labor intensive. I have two of these beaded necklaces left at the moment.
One is titled "Egyptian Sunset" and the other one is "Once in a Blu Moon". Jacquie provided the Blu Moon bead and the other was created by Adorned in Treasure.
I have been busy doing freelance writing the last month that I have neglected my bead making and jewelry design. I can't wait to get back to it!
Egyptian Sunset image image