Polymer Clay Canes Blog
- ► 2012 (65)
- BluPrint November 2011 Polymer Clay Canes, Beads a...
- A Penguin Ornament Winner
- Polymer clay heart lentil bead dangle earrings
- Playing Through
- Purple Blue Disk Beaded Necklace Pearl
- Polymer Clay Pillow Beads with Floral Canes, Butte...
- Polymer Clay Floral Cane Chunky Bracelet
- Orange Green Miami Hurricane Colors Beaded Charm B...
- The Travelin' Show
- A beginner's guide to bead stringing materials
- Essential tools needed for making beaded jewelry
- Hurray for the Red, White and Blu!
- Jewelry Basics Word Search Puzzle
- Polymer Clay Purple Violet Blossom Flower Necklace...
- The History of Christmas in July
- Fudge! It's Not Just For Christmas :)
- October 2011 BluPrint Official Newsletter of Blue ...
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2010 (13)
Polymer clay golf ball pot holder magnets for the kitchen
When you live in Florida, you are surrounded by both the beautiful waters of the Atlantic Ocean and miles and miles of golf courses.
Like a lot of my goodies, these started by those wonderful three words that we all love to hear, "Do You Have ....." which is a variation on the theme of "Can You Make..."
A friend of mine needed a gift for a lovely lady golfer and she saw some ladybug pot holder magnets that I had done and asked how hard it would be to create golf balls for her friend's kitchen. I thought about it a minute and said, "well, I could do a set of two for your friend, if you give me a couple of days to get them done".
It was a mutually beneficial exchange, she had a set of magnets that couldn't be found anywhere else and I had a new product line that given my locale, made for a popular gift.
I used Fimo Soft to form my golf balls, I added my hook and glued it in before baking. I attached a heavy duty thick magnet on the back, and now these are ready for a place of honor on any golfer's refrigerator. Priced right and fun, those are two things that I strive for in my creations.
Most of all, fun.
See you on the 19th hole.
Julie and Blu