Polymer Clay Canes Blog
- ► 2012 (65)
- BluPrint November 2011 Polymer Clay Canes, Beads a...
- A Penguin Ornament Winner
- Polymer clay heart lentil bead dangle earrings
- Playing Through
- Purple Blue Disk Beaded Necklace Pearl
- Polymer Clay Pillow Beads with Floral Canes, Butte...
- Polymer Clay Floral Cane Chunky Bracelet
- Orange Green Miami Hurricane Colors Beaded Charm B...
- The Travelin' Show
- A beginner's guide to bead stringing materials
- Essential tools needed for making beaded jewelry
- Hurray for the Red, White and Blu!
- Jewelry Basics Word Search Puzzle
- Polymer Clay Purple Violet Blossom Flower Necklace...
- The History of Christmas in July
- Fudge! It's Not Just For Christmas :)
- October 2011 BluPrint Official Newsletter of Blue ...
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2010 (13)
Volume 8 Issue 10, October 2011
What's New in October?
Artfire—In an effort to conserve space, accommodate my regular customers and to take advantage of a great handmade site, I have consolidated all my websites into one at Artfire. All of my other sites are still updated and used, you can still access your customer information and your order history, I am just using Artfire to save space and make it convenient for my customers. You will find Blue Morning Expressions, X-Stitch-Patterns, The Seed Bead Pattern Store, and Clipon Earrings Boutique. If you are interested, you can find me at http://www.artfire.com/users/bluemorningexpressions
Writing—I have spent the last month writing full-time and I must confess, I have sorely neglected all my canes and polymer clay items. I did over 250 web articles and one feature article for a local newsmagazine. All of these things were fun to do, but very time consuming and my clay suffered. I had quite a few sales of canes and over half of my inventory went out in boxes this last month. That is good for clearing space for me, but bad for providing a great selection of canes for you!
Kaleidoscope Canes -I started to do my canes that I had drawn out and ran into problems with my clay being too soft to work with. I put it out to leach some of the moisture out of the clay and got busy doing other things. This made the clay unsuitable for the project I had in mind, so I have to start over. This would not be a problem, except that one of my canes was specific to Halloween and featured candy corn. Oh well, off to work on new designs.
Beads—I am working on new focal beads and doing a few necklaces with the penguins that I did last year for Christmas. I have six focal beads ready to go and will get those necklaces done soon. The next sets of focal beads will be ready in the next couple of weeks. You can find both the beads and the finished necklaces on www.bluemorningexpressions.com or at my Artfire store http://www.artfire.com/users/bluemorningexpressions
As always, thank you for all your support and emails.
Until next month,
Julie & Blu
Earrings—These are all created from my bead sets, I used both floral rounds, heart swirl lentils, and full size 20mm pillow beads to create 30 new sets of earrings. Each set is under $4—I wanted to create an affordable set of earrings for gifts that can be easily purchased in groups. The only sets not under $4 are the dangle heart swirls, those are under $10.