Polymer Clay Canes Blog
- ► 2012 (65)
- BluPrint November 2011 Polymer Clay Canes, Beads a...
- A Penguin Ornament Winner
- Polymer clay heart lentil bead dangle earrings
- Playing Through
- Purple Blue Disk Beaded Necklace Pearl
- Polymer Clay Pillow Beads with Floral Canes, Butte...
- Polymer Clay Floral Cane Chunky Bracelet
- Orange Green Miami Hurricane Colors Beaded Charm B...
- The Travelin' Show
- A beginner's guide to bead stringing materials
- Essential tools needed for making beaded jewelry
- Hurray for the Red, White and Blu!
- Jewelry Basics Word Search Puzzle
- Polymer Clay Purple Violet Blossom Flower Necklace...
- The History of Christmas in July
- Fudge! It's Not Just For Christmas :)
- October 2011 BluPrint Official Newsletter of Blue ...
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2010 (13)
Polymer Clay Floral Garden Bracelet
This bracelet was in the making for several years, which just means that I had the bracelet blanks for several years and didn't get around to actually creating anything from them for a long time. I have a habit, good or bad, of picking up things that I see can be used in future projects. I ran across a seller that had these blanks in her store and I bought ten sets. I didn't know what I would do with them and it was before I really got into flower caning, so my coveted canes were all by other folks.
They came in and they were a lot heavier than I realized, so with a hmmmm, I put them away with other bracelet blanks that I had collected with no idea what I would be doing with them.
One day as I was rearranging my studio, I came across these blanks and took them and set them on my work bench with the intention of working on something using them.
I had just finished some new canes and was cleaning up clay, so I grabbed some white clay and built a bead to fit the bracelet. I then added thin slices of leaves and bright colored flowers.
After I baked them, I hand sanded them and added a slight coat of varnish to the beads.
I finished stringing the bracelet and took lots of photos of it. It does have a little weight to it and it is a large bracelet.
But it's pretty and it is a definate one of a kind bracelet.
Just in time for spring.
Julie and Blu