Thursday, February 27, 2014

Queen of the Universe and Wild Cherries

Volume 11 Issue 3, March 2014

What's New in March?

I am waiting on the next big snowstorm and simmering a pot of homemade beef and vegetable soup. The wafting scent is making me very hungry. There will be homemade cornbread to go with the soup. This month has been a busy one for me, as I have been working on new products and new designs.

Most of my effort has been focused on www.x-stitch-patterns.com where I have been redesigning the site and designing new patterns. Most are still in my sketchbook, but a couple have made it to the site.

This particular pattern has also been designed with matching aprons, coffee mug and other kitchenware. The cherries are so cheery!


I cannot wait for the cherries to ripen, so I can make a pie!
Wild Cherry Cross Stitch Glass Cutting Board
Wild Cherry Cross Stitch Glass Cutting Board by julielcleveland
See other Wild cherries for kitchen Cutting Board at zazzle

Queen of the Universe!

Because of our participation in the 2013 Primetime Emmys, we were one of the artists selected for an invitation to become a product sponsor for the 2nd Annual Queen of the Universe pageant. We worked with the staff in LA to coordinate our participation, and while Blu and I were given VIP passes to the pageant, we are unable to attend. We did send on this beautiful necklace that was designed from our latest canes for spring.


Queen
When I was creating the beads, I realized that I really liked them, so I created more than one set. I just couldn’t decide whether I was going to use them or put them in my shop for sale. I was so happy with the way this necklace turned out that I used the second set to make a necklace and earring set. Just in time for Mother’s Day!


EarlyBlooms-1
Buttons! I had a moment to create some new buttons. More cherries! I also added pink rose and cupcake buttons.

Canes! Pretty new spring canes are being added to beads and thimbles.

Everything is in my Artfire studio, my Etsy shop and my
website:
www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,
Julie & Blu
clip_image002clip_image004clip_image006
clip_image008

New Products:

New Watches—New beads will start finding their way onto new watch bands
as the spring flower creation begins.

Thimbles — I used my new canes to create some pretty spring collectible thimbles.
clip_image002[6]clip_image004[6]clip_image006[6]