Sunday, August 27, 2017

Skipped a Month and Studied American History

Volume 14 Issue 9, September 2017

What's New in September?

Blu and I have been doing this since August of 2004, and every month, like clockwork, I put out a monthly newsletter. Except last month. I don’t know whether the vacation I took in July fried my little brain or what happened, but I forgot!

I took my first trip to New Jersey to see family in July and then spent a few days wandering back home. I stopped at places like Williamsburg, Jamestown and York Town, and I spent an afternoon on tour at Civil War sites. I have been watching TURN, Washington’s Spies since it started, and I thought I would go and see some of the places they shot the show from. My sister took me to Revolutionary sites in NJ and I saw the Statue of Liberty. All in all, I had a fascinating July, and utterly forgot what I was doing when I got home.

I took a lot of photos, but most are just snapshots of a trip. However, I saw some beautiful scenery as I drove through Virginia. What a gorgeous state. I even saw the NSA, Quantico and D.C. rush hour traffic. Truly frightening.

This is General George Washington's church pew in Williamsburg. This is the Bruton Parish Church that has been in service since 1660. It was a fascinating thought to be where Washington, Jefferson and Henry worshipped. I included a link, in case you are interested.

DSC_0160

Bracelets: I have gone charm bracelet crazy with the production of a handful of holiday themed charm bracelets. So far, I have Halloween and Christmas, but there are more on the bead board.

Key rings: Since I started, I have had key rings on my To Do list. Well, I got one done! There are many more that will go in my Amazon store.

Thimbles: Starting Christmas 2017 thimbles now.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie & Blu

Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Hotrod magnets: I am finishing up the hotrod magnets, and I have a couple dozen done, but not featured in the shop.

Tote Bags: These are all around prints, so that means that my patterns can completely cover the bag. My supplier is also doing t-shirts, but I have not designed for them yet.

Print Pieces: I am working on canvases and posters. I have been working on putting together the Scenes from a Car Show series into print.

PS – for those who follow along with our Countdowns to Christmas, this year, we will start on September 15 at noon EST.

Cane buyers! I have had to stop shipping canes as long as the weather is in the 90s. Things were getting baked. Until the temps drop a bit, I have to put the canes on hold. I apologize for the inconvenience.