Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Crepe Myrtle and a Forgotten Post

 Volume 19 Issue 5, May 2022

 What's New in May?

For only the second time in the 18-year history of Blue Morning Expressions did I forget to write and post a newsletter. April is missing, and I am sure that part of that can be explained. :)

 I had carpal tunnel surgery at the end of March; I quit my daytime job at the newspaper; and I embarked upon new avenues of employment. The most significant was the surgery. It took me several weeks to get into the swing of things; although, I did not lose the ability to type, I did lose my stamina rather quickly.

I am happy to say that this is behind me now, and while I am still a little shaky on the creative side since my hand muscles are slow to get back into shape, my pain level is almost zero and I can use my hand again. I spent a lot of years with a numb hand that could no longer cane. I hope to get back to making flower canes again as soon as I can!

 On that note, there are not a lot of things new in my little corner of the world, but there are things coming, so stay tuned!

Here is something to enjoy while waiting for me to get back together. Lichen on crepe myrtle—an interesting study in contrasts.



 








What’s New

New Earrings:  In addition to fractal earrings, I added some pretty flowers and other colorful beads.

Thimbles: New Christmas and great grandma thimbles, as well as faith-based thimbles with bible verses.

New Book: The Joy of Jewelry Making Create for fun. Sell for Profit is now available on Amazon in both paperback and ebook formats.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie





Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Pushpins: I have too many themes to mention here, but from teachers to nurses to friends, I am doing designs as quickly as I can.

Statement Beads: Working on large beads for ZOOM calls and being on camera. Both earrings and pendant necklaces.

Prints and Posters: Bible verse posters and other art featuring hot rods and more are in production.