Monday, November 30, 2020

Sleeping Squirrels and Fractal Earrings

Volume 17 Issue 12, December 2020

What's New in December?

It seems like yesterday when I wrote about Hurricane Zeta, but since then there have been more hurricanes that have made places like Nicaragua a disaster. 2020 has been brutal as far as the weather goes, never mind the impact that COVID-19 has had on everyone. Hurricane season falls off the calendar in a few days, but the weather and the virus don’t adhere to dates.

As the flowers are dying off for the season, I have done some hedge trimming, planted a hibiscus that has been living in a pot into a permanent home, and started to see some cooler temps with the highs in the low 80s. It is only remarkable when the humidity dips below 70%. Nights are in the 60s, and the windows are wide open.

We have been dodging a bobcat that is too comfortable in the yard. He/she has his/her eyes on the neighbors chickens. One of the chickens became dinner, and the rest are looking like repeat meals. Florida Wildlife Management has given us permission to kill the cat, but I am more of a hazing kinda gal. I haven’t seen it for a week or so, so maybe the chicken dinner was enough. In the meantime, I am looking at motion sensing sprinklers and noise machines.

This little one found a nook to crawl into for a short nap. I guess trying to remember where you stashed the acorns is hard work!

What’s New

Pushpins: Worked out a new product line of thumbtacks. This has been on my drawing board for awhile now, so once I started, I couldn’t stop! Lots of these pushpins are Christmas and holiday themed for easy decorating.

Earrings: My fractal art earring beads have been turned into earrings. I included a raven photo that I took at Yellowstone, too.

You will find all of my beads, canes and finished jewelry on my website. www.bluemorningexpressions.com

Until next month,

Julie


Things to Look Forward To:

New Products:

Posters: I am working on my one word posters and wall hangings. There are also wood blocks to be added.

Thimbles: Added a number of new thimble designs to the shop. More collectibles for you!

Beads: There are 15 new earring pair sets sitting on the work table ready for another coat of resin. They are filled with lots of colorful designs from my fractal art. Three sets are finished into earrings.