Saturday, June 7, 2014

Let’s Look Back at the Week

By: Julie L. Cleveland

I promised to blog every day in the month of June. Well, that has been a great target to strive towards. I am at the end of my first week. I have kept up, but I must confess, I had planned on knocking out seven and then working on other projects in order to free up my time. That has not happened. What I have discovered is that I write my posts for the next day in the morning and schedule them through my scheduler. I use Live Writer to blog from in order to post to several blogs from one piece of software. It allows me to set a publishing date.

What I wanted to do was use some downtime in the morning to do my posting, but I have discovered that I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what I am going to write about. In that time, I also discovered that I had no plan and my blog was starting to look like a mishmash of strange ideas. Maybe I should have set up a separate blog to use for this blogging exercise, since most of my Bluprint blog is dedicated to my online beads, jewelry and marketing for my friends.

I need to create a plan for the rest of the month.

In the past, I have used an editorial calendar of my own making that covered the different categories of my posts. I had DIY, Travel, Promotions and Fun. All of my posts were under these headers. If I wrote about any of my travel activities like Lassen Volcano, I dropped that under Travel. I taught a few little tutorial projects that went under DIY and a recipe or two came under Fun. Now, I am rather lost because I am still writing for my blog, but I am presenting it to an entirely different audience, and for some reason, I think they wouldn’t be interested in my regular postings. All you have to do is look at my post history tree on the side of the blog and see the past blog history.

Well, I think I will go back to posting my usual topics and filling the month up with all those goodies and adventures. There is a couple great things that came out of this, and that is there are two posts that I did this last week that are now on my short list for books. I am going to use them to actually finish a couple books. Yay.

Look forward to some fun posts from my latest excursions and I have photos!

Enjoy

Julie and Blu

blogathonbutton