Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Words That Keep Me in Stitches

By: Julie L. Cleveland

After discovering and fooling around with the word cloud apps, I played with the words to America the Beautiful for my first little project. When I talked about the abilities of the word cloud and the reason that it would appeal to artistic people, I knew that I would find a use for these little exercises. The images were too small to take to Zazzle and print on coffee mugs, but that doesn’t mean I won’t get those done, it just means that in my creative frenzy, I took the first images I got and went to work transforming them into something else.

It took me 5 hours with my Wacom tablet to get the image cleaned up enough to present it as a counted cross stitch pattern, but I do think it has enormous potential. The pattern features my original colors, but the pattern is also set up to be changed to fit decor.

It went from this:

 

Americathebeautiful

to this:

 

I see more potential and more products from the word cloud software.

How have you taken something and turned it into another revenue stream for your business?

Enjoy,

Julie and Blu

blogathonbutton